In fact, much like our own surprising data about the surprising professions in the medical field that are best at helping diagnose illness on our site, it is the “less acknowledged” professions that have received the highest marks.
Here are the top healthcare professions and their rankings on the list:
- Physician Assistant – Glassdoor Job Score: 4.8
- Number of Job Openings: 45,484
- Average Base Salary: $111,376
- Career Opportunities Rating: 3.5
- Physical Therapist – Glassdoor Job Score: 4.3
- Number of Job Openings: 27,579
- Average Base Salary: $64,806
- Career Opportunities Rating: 3.2
- Nurse Practitioner – Glassdoor Job Score: 4.2
- Number of Job Openings: 15,341
- Average Base Salary: $95,171
- Career Opportunities Rating: 3.1
What this means for the overall health field, and especially for physicians, will surely be a topic of discussion as time passes. But for now, it’s great to see that some of the “other” medical professions are getting their due.
And if you want to see the full list you can check out Glassdoor’s post.
Are you in healthcare? Do you want to help solve some of the hardest medical mysteries in the world? Join CrowdMed’s team of Medical Detectives.